A slice of advertising on an old brick wall in the downtown district of Carbondale, Pennsylvania. Happily preserved is the logo of F.W. Woolworth, the original 5 & 10 cent store that many old-timers and not so-old-timers remember from their childhood. Begun in 1878 in Lancaster, Pennsylvania and ending in 1997, Woolworth’s became the platform model for retail department stores world-wide. In 1997 with the end of Woolworth’s, the company began to focus on it’s other division, Foot Locker, focusing exclusively on sporting goods. That operation is still in existence today.
All works past, present and future are protected under a CCC. Creative Common License, Kaarie Blake Musings by Kaarie Blake is licensed under a Creative Common Attribution-Noncommercial-Noderivs-3.0-Unported License.